Tuesday, September 02, 2014

FERGUSON

Dang. You need to write a Mayoral post about Ferguson. Us white boys have no credibility but what those folks need are schools, jobs, and a non-militarized police force, for which you have been advocating. Unfortunately, what Ferguson says to me, race in our country is no better today than it was when I was growing up. Enormous segregation. We had a place called Pope's Bottom where all the blacks lived: mired in poverty, three generations of females having babies. A grandmother had a baby, kid grows up to have babies. Sorry ass male is gone, maybe in jail, hanging out in Raleigh, smoking dope or selling it. 

What we need is Green Gulch to get involved. Dang. I am thinking about sending a bus, headed by Gary, to GG to load on volunteers. John will direct activities on the way to St. Louis. Sam will be available to talk lawyerly stuff for distraction purposes. The doc will be available to discuss medical alternatives if they should arise. You and I will use out vast contacts to recruit from Bay View Hunters Point and Pope's bottom in my home town. Plus. We will tap into the very productive homeless network in San Rafael. Since we do not have an AA to lead on the ground efforts, Michael will have to do. A Jew is better than nothing. We have to be in this for the long haul. 

Now, you will have to excuse me as I am returning to the "NY Times," a Commie rag if I have ever known one. God bless us and God bless St Louie and God bless "Merica."

No comments: