Thursday, December 06, 2012

RISK AVERSE

I am always a fan of Chaplains because they are so hard to categorize. Consequently, when I see an issue like the treatment of Bradley Manning, I am always wondering, "Where are the chaplains?" I consolidated a few tweets who said something like this,

They are protecting themselves and their careers! I worked for, gosh, 30 chaplains maybe, over my career??? Most would NOT go beyond protocol and standard issues. I would want to do something and most would freak out and worry about Commands responses.

FROM A CHAPLAIN

Usually the Chief of Chaplains is worthless and that is where some courage should start. Unfortunately, if he hadn't laid in the weeds for years, he could never have made it TO Chief.

We need about one chaplain per vet. I see these guys at VA, self medicating, etc. Let's keep fighting. We can't give up. I like the "fuck you very much" approach. I use it all the time. God bless. Keep charging.

No comments: