Thursday, December 27, 2012

NEXT CASE

I still miss my good friend Sharon who transitioned from this life to the next a month or so ago. Early one morning, my iPhone flashed on and it was a message from Sharon. No, not really, (would have surely liked it), but from her husband, the greatest guy, wishing us a Merry Christmas. He was using her phone. A nice surprise. I have been trying to coordinate with Sharon's doc a little get together to kind of come to "closure"--Yeah I know, closure is a misnomer, whoever comes to real closer in the loss of a love one, especially someone who goes before their time. Surely no one I know.

Anyway, the doc hasn't responded which is not a big deal but it did get me to thinking. Sharon's doc is really great but she gets way too much stuff going and she can't do it all. Long story but the example to me and this isn't a hit on her, (after all, the chaplain is a professional too), just fact. If we ever think that we are more than a "file" to professionals usually, we might as well be whistling Dixie. Not so, they are doing their job. When we see a lawyer, the minister or Priest or doc, we are in their "sights" but when it is over, they go on to their next patient/client. And, this is good I think. Life goes on even we don't in the loss of our friend. Next case. God bless us all.

No comments: