Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Prayer Request

Tanya, a former Marine helicopter pilot in Iraq and now the mother of two, will soon undergo serious surgury. Her husband, also a Marine just back from Iraq, is home with her for the surgery. The good news is that she is in a super hospital: Loma Linda. When I was in the 82d, we had a massive jump into the Mojave Desert and had six paratroopers killed and 200 of us were banged up pretty badly. We all went to the Loma Linda hospital. I remember it like yesterday. They were so great and really looked after us. I was limping and hobbling around visiting the banged up soldiers and a nurse corralled me and said, "You look like you could use a cup of coffee." Well, I knew that was impossible because in the 7th Day Adventist, coffee is verboden. We went into her office and she opened up the bottom drawer and there were all these packets of coffee. A lifesaver and an example of how great they were. So, Tanya is in good hands. I will fervently pray. God bless Tanya and the children and the father.

No comments: